Sunday, February 10, 2008

Love Is Fluid

Well, Valentines Day is quickly approaching, and some lyrics seemed to echo in my head regarding love. The lyric goes, "Love, what is it? A solid or a liquid?" This got the wheels turning in my head (insert joke here). Regarding matter, we have three choices: solid, liquid and gas. So with these three choices, what would best describe love?
In my opinion, love is not a solid. If it were a solid, it would only be able to cover a minimal amount of surface area. There are many crevices and places where love would not fit. Picture a glass with pebbles from top to bottom. Is the glass completely full? The answer is no, for there is still space for something else to fill.

Love is also not a gas. A gas is unseen and cannot be grasped. Love could not possibly be this, for we would never be able to establish a relationship with something unseen and untouchable.
(Make no mistake, God is not either of these, for He came as flesh and blood. He can be seen and grasped through His creation)
In the end, all we are left with is liquid.
Love is a liquid. Love is fluid. Fluid love is able to reach the areas of our heart that we would never allow to be seen. Areas that we try to hide so we are not vulnerable. Love penetrates even the most fortified of hearts. This is why our Creator and Savior made it the most important - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets depend on these two commandments."
Matthew 22:37-40
Love has no boundaries aside from the ones we give it. If you pour a glass of water onto a flat surface, it will spread. If you confine it to a cup or dish, you bind it to that cup or dish. Follow the words of Christ by letting your love spread. It is not always easy, but it is always rewarding.
The love my wife gives me is fluid. My very being is saturated with her love and for that I am so very greatful. Thank you Courtney for your love.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You're just saying that because of the church dress I wore yesterday... and the missing 12 lbs that weren't in it! LOL!

Seriously, your love for me is very fluid. I love you with all of my being and feel the same in return. You're a wonderful, wonderful husband.

I am so very blessed by your presence in my life.

xoxoxoxoxo
Courtney


BattleCry.com