Monday, September 15, 2008

A Few More Photos & Many Thanks For Your Prayers




Hey kiddos, I had some much needed down-time and had the opportunity to share some pictures and information. First let me thank all of you for the prayers and well-wishes that you have shared not only on Courtney's blog, but mine as well. Receiving your messages reminds me of my days in the Marine Corps when mail-call came, so thank you all. Operations continued today and the destruction is tremendous, however I am pleased to report that as of now, we have yet to find any fatalities. Hopefully we won't. To the left is the unbelievable amount of equipment that it takes to run a USAR operation & this isn't even a third of it. And above is the luxurious shower facility we reconed. If you're wondering what that is, yep, you guessed it. It's a mop sink/shower with hot water. AAHHHH.
-God speed


5 comments:

Nana's Buggy Buddies said...

Hi son,
Thanks for the blog and the humor. Isn't it amazing what you can do with what you have? I am grateful for no fatalities. Courtney and I went as far as Cleveland yesterday and the devestation was horrific and that was 60-75 miles outside of Houston. Please be careful and know you are loved and missed.

Kim said...

Wow! Glad to hear you and Courtney and your family are doing alright since this horrific hurricane! Sending all my prayers your way!
Hugs~ Kim

Unknown said...

that shower area must feel pure luxury right now!!!! Glad to hear about the fatalities! Great job you guys are doing!!!

Diane said...

I'm so happy you are all safe and sound! Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Shannon said...

Keeping you guys in our prayers! Justin is still in Sour Lake with the VFD. We are in Houston. Let me know if you want Justin to go by and check on your place.

Shannon


BattleCry.com