Friday, September 19, 2008

Thank You All So Very Much




Yesterday at 1600 (4:30PM) Texas Task Force 1 de-mobilized from operations pre/post-landfall of Hurricane Ike. The task force was able to put me up in a hotel in College Station; Courtney & the kids met me there for a much anticipated reunion. The hotel (Courtyard Marriott) has been absolutely wonderful to us. At first they were unable to accommodate us for more than one night, however we had to take Corbin to the hospital at around 1AM; he now has strep-throat. After speaking with the manager (Jennifer) we now have the room until Monday-longer if we need it. So when you stay out of town, go Marriott. Thank you all so much for the support. Thank you for lifting Courtney's spirits as well as mine. We our truly blessed by our extended family in the blogging world. I have around 10 GIG of pictures, so once I am able to sift through them all, they will be posted. Some friends have secured our home, so we will be heading back to my parents house for some much needed rest. Again, thank you all.
To the left is Scooby - I knows it's ridiculous, but I can't remember his handler's name; I think it is Kathy but I'm not certain.
Above is the beauty amidst destruction-Many will ask where God was during all of this, but the truth is God never left. People speak of finding God as if He was the One that was unavailable. The thing is, we are the one's that make ourselves unavailable until there is no where else to go; no where else to turn. He is with us always - even when it doesn't feel like it.

-josh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Josh. I'm glad you're back together and on your way for some rest. And how wonderful to have friends secure your house! If you're reading this and still in College Station, I found a great BBQ place there while visiting last summer. It's called Rudy's but I forget what road it's on. (Just ask at the front desk.) It's family-style and absolutely delicious!

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of Courtney's blog and just wanted to say I am so glad to hear you got to connect and see each other during this time. love and blessings to you and your family!


BattleCry.com