Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike - The New Katrina










So we're at it again. This post will be short and sweet to share some photos and let you all know that myself, Courtney & the kids are safe. This is another C-130 that is beginning to be our method of transportation, but we are mixing it up with some UH-60s as well. The wake of destruction left in Ike's wake is devastating. Nothing can compare to seeing it first-hand. The last 24 hours has changed the topography of the coastline that will be seen for possibly years to come. Our field teams are out fulfilling rapid needs assessments of the residences that refused to leave as well as assisting those that have changed their minds. The death toll is unknown, if any, at this time. I'll keep the updates coming as I have time and access.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Josh,

I'm one of Courtney's online friends and just wanted to re-iterate that I'm praying for your entire family.

Hang in there,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I'm another of Courtney's gals!! These pictures are unbelieveable. I can't even imagine all the devastation you are coming across. You and your's are in my prayers!!!

Maria

Becca said...

Josh, I am one of Courtney's blogging friends and I just received an e-mail from her. You and your family are in my prayers and may God keep you safe as you help rebuild your home.

Take care, God Bless

Bela (Canada)

Unknown said...

another courtney online friend here...oh my... what devastation... but what a beutifull erson you are to aid all in need!


BattleCry.com